Applied Research Laboratory is looking for healthy subjects to participate in research studies that require the donation of a blood product. Some studies may require more than one donation. All blood donations will take place at BloodCenter of Wisconsin (638 N. 18th Street, Milwaukee, WI) on weekdays (Monday thru Friday). Subjects will receive a stipend in the mail after all study procedures have been completed. The amount of the stipend will depend on type of blood donation and number of blood donations or visits required for the study.
General Eligibility Requirements (additional criteria may apply for specific studies)
- 18 years or older
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Generally, in good health
- Not pregnant in past 6 weeks
What happens during the donation visit?
- Read and sign a consent form
- Have your medical history reviewed, vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, temperature) measured, and a finger pricked to check your blood counts
- Complete the donation
- Café Time (rest for a short period of time while enjoying snacks and beverages)